The Hypertune 102mm throttle body is the largest throttle body Hypertune offers and is meant to support the highest power aspirations! This throttle body is capable of supporting 2000hp engines and is designed to be used in all-out drag race applications. The 102mm throttle body is a direct fit for 4″ silicone hose. If you’re looking to make as much power as possible and dominate at the drag strip then this is the throttle body for you.
Hypertune’s throttle body project began in response to customers’ requests for a throttle body worthy of the quality and performance of their range of intake manifolds. Hypertune’s aim was to provide the best possible combination of performance, appearance, reliability and ease of implementation. Take a look at the list of features and we are sure you will agree, Hypertune has achieved that objective! CNC machined 6061T6 billet aluminum body section provides the best combination of strength, accuracy, light weight and appearance. Diameters have been chosen based on commonly available hose sizes and a large bead is provided to assure positive retention of the hose under boosted applications. Body section is clear anodized to further improve longevity and wear resistance (custom anodized colors available)
– 10mm diameter slotted steel shaft combined with 2mm thick brass butterfly provides high resistance to bending in supercharged / turbocharged applications. Shaft is blackened for corrosion resistance and improved appearance. Butterfly is machined in an elliptical shape with 7 degree taper to perfectly fit the throttle bore improving sealing and resistance to binding common with many other designs.
– Dual sealed ball bearings securely locate the shaft/butterfly eliminating the shaft float and subsequent wear common with many other designs. Ball bearings also provide very smooth action and vastly improved sealing and service life compared to bushes.
– Unique indexable pulley allows adjustment of cable position to suit any application. M5 threaded holes around perimeter are provided to assist with addition of extra return spring or linkages for multiple throttles where required.
– Throttle body can be ordered with clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation. This choice can be made based on TPS rotation or installation requirements.
– Various TPS adapters are available that allow direct bolt-on of most common factory TPS sensors. This unique addition simplifies installation, eliminating the need to purchase another TPS and adapt it to your engine.
– Custom-made stainless steel spring provides smooth, linear action and positive return. Spring is contained within stopper barrel section protecting it from foreign objects and improve appearance. From conception to final assembly, the Hypertune throttle body is designed with quality and performance in mind. Only the best techniques and materials are combined with state of the art design and machining practices to produce what is the new industry standard in universal application billet throttle bodies.
From conception to final assembly, the Hypertune throttle body is designed with quality and performance in mind. Only the best techniques and materials are combined with state of the art design and machining practices to produce what is the new industry standard in universal application billet throttle bodies.
*NOTE* We advise against using this throttle body if the car will be street driven as it is so large that it becomes difficult to properly modulate the throttle under normal daily driving.
All throttle bodies are supplied with:
– Pulley (52mm or 62mm), flat washer and nyloc nut
– O-ring for flange seal
– 4 x M8 cap screws
– TPS adaptor kit (Includes adaptor plate, mounting screws, spindle and grub screws).
– Clear anodized body (custom anodized colors available)
– Wiggins clamp connection available (see picture below)
Hypertune throttle bodies are currently available in the following sizes:
- 77mm O.D. (73mm I.D.) – Direct fit for 3″ silicone hose
- 90mm O.D. (85mm I.D.) – Direct fit for 3.5″ silicone hose
- 70mm O.D. (66mm I.D.) – 2.75″ silicone – Direct bolt on for Nissan SR20, CA18 and KA24 and Holden/Nissan RB30
– Save big with package deals on Hypertune Manifolds, Throttle body and fuel rail. Call or email [email protected] for the best pricing.
– Because Hypertune is an Australian company the exchange rate can vary and work in your favor, don’t hesitate to contact us for the most up to date pricing and packages.
– We have been working directly with Hypertune from the beginning and built a strong relationship in order to deliver you the customer the best possible parts at the best possible prices all while receiving the best customer service in the industry.
Optional Wiggins clamp connection available for the most reliable seal for high boost applications