Proper fuel delivery is arguably one of the most critical components for those looking to get all the power they can safely and reliably from an engines setup. More often than not, OEM fuel rails are incredibly restrictive and impede the fuel delivery to the injectors under high fuel pressures, where arguably having consistent fuel pressure is absolutely necessary. With the Radium Engineering Fuel Rail kit for the Mitsubishi EVO VIII and IX (20-0119-02) you can make sure that your fuel rail is able to flow all the fuel you can push through it!
The EVO VIII / IX Billet Fuel Rail features a large 0.69″ ID bore to suit even the most fuel hungry engines. The rail is CNC machined from solid 6061 aluminum, media blasted, black-dipped anodized and laser etched for a high quality surface finish. It is compatible with all fuel types including popular alcohol mixtures such as E85. Below is a size comparison with the restrictive OEM fuel rail.
The Radium fuel rail is the first and only on the market to support an (optional) fuel pulse damper. The opening and closing of the injectors creates pressure pulses in the fuel rail, which can lead to unstable fuel pressure. In order to achieve a safe and consistent rail pressure, a pulse damper should be used (especially with high flow injectors). The internal diaphragm will absorb oscillation pulses and stabilize fuel pressure. This correction can be measured throughout the RPM range and can often help an erratic surging idle.
The fuel rail’s inlet port on the left hand side of the vehicle uses -8AN ORB (3/4-16 O-ring) threads which accepts a variety of adapter fittings for custom high flow fuel system builds. The opposite outlet port on the right hand side of the vehicle has 3/8″ NPT female threads which permits the use of the stock FPR (using optional adapter) or the optional pulse damper, as described below. The top center port also uses -8AN ORB (3/4-16 O-ring) threads.
8AN ORB (3/4-16 O-ring)
*Can be adapted to any -AN hose size
*Install fuel pulse damper or use adapter for OEM pressure regulator or adapt to -AN hose fitting
TOP CENTER PORT:
8AN ORB (3/4-16 O-ring)
*Plug or install pressure gauge/adapter or adapt to -AN hose and use as a feed/return port or install fuel pulse damper
Unlike most aftermarket EVO VIII/IX fuel rails on the market, the Radium fuel rail eliminates the OEM 2 bolt inlet flange which uses a restrictive 0.22″ (5.7mm) orifice. Furthermore, Radium has made it easy to adapt to common -AN fuel hoses on both ends of the fuel rail.
– 20-0119-02 Fuel Rail Kit, Evolution VIII and IX
This basic kit includes only the items shown in the picture below. Replacement stainless steel fuel rail bolts and FPR line bolts are included. All fittings must be purchased separately.
– 20-0119-00 Fuel Rail Kit, Evolution VIII and IX, OEM Configuration
This option includes everything shown in the picture below. This kit is a direct drop-in replacement for the OEM fuel rail.
– 1x, Radium Engineering Evolution VIII / IX fuel rail with mounting hardware.
– 1x M14 inverted flare adapter is included to adapt the OEM hard line on the firewall to -6AN male.
– 1x Pre-fabricated -6AN PTFE hose (16.0-ST-ST) hose is included to replace the OEM rubber hose and restrictive 2 bolt flange.
– 1x -6AN adapter for connecting the the PTFE hose to the fuel rail inlet port.
– 1x Custom machined fuel pressure regulator adapter for the 3/8″ NPT end port to use the OEM pressure regulator.
– 1x Aluminum -8AN O-ring plug for center port.
– 1x 14-0150 8AN ORB Plug is included for the Top port.