With the ability for the Mitsubishi EVO X to make serious power quite easily, the stock fuel system reaches its limits very quick. With the Radium Engineering Fuel Pump Hanger for the Mitsubishi EVO X (20-0244-02 – Dual AEM 50-1200 E85 Fuel Pumps Included) you’ll be able to supply all the fuel you’ll need for even the most serious power seekers.
The Radium Engineering fuel pump hanger allows the use of 1 or 2 aftermarket pumps in the stock Mitsubishi Evo X fuel tank. The machined assembly drops-in the factory fuel tank using the OEM hold-down flange. A single 8AN male pump feed port and 6AN male return port simplify aftermarket -AN hose plumbing. An electrical bulkhead connector is included for the fuel pump power, OEM level sender, and OEM temperature sensor.
One of the main issues with the stock Evo X fuel pump hanger is the restrictive return port and Venturi jet pump. When using aftermarket high-flow fuel pumps, the OEM jet pump becomes too restrictive creating unwanted back pressure in the regulator return line causing excessive fuel rail pressure. The Radium fuel pump hanger includes Radium’s own proprietary Venturi jet pump with interchangeable orifices to minimize back pressure.
The kit also includes a 2-piece anodized aluminum collector box that sits at the bottom of the OEM fuel tank. This container is NOT a total solution to fuel starvation, but does improve the fuel supply around the pump(s) inlet. There are two 1″ ball check valves incorporated on the front and rear of the box that serves as trap doors keeping the pump(s) supplied with fuel during aggressive driving. Furthermore, all returning fuel from the pressure regulator return and the crossover hose enter the collector box keeping it full. The collector box also permits a mounting solution for the OEM fuel level and fuel temperature sensors. Also included are 2 mating connectors for the sensors making the kit easily serviceable.
Single pump applications can reuse the OEM fuel pump controller wiring, but it is recommended to upgrade the OEM wiring as high flow fuel pumps draw additional current requiring larger gauge wire.
– Anodized Aluminum Mounting Plate
– Anodized Aluminum Collector Box and Check Valves
– Anodized Aluminum Venturi Jet Pump with Multiple Orifices
– Anodized Aluminum 8AN Male Pump Outlet Fitting
– Anodized Aluminum 6AN Male FPR Inlet Fitting
– Anodized Aluminum Fuel Level and Temp Sensor Bracket
– Anodized Aluminum Dual Pump Cradle
– Bulkhead Fuel Pump and Sensor Harness
– Fluorosilicone Duckbill Return Valve
– Submersible Rubber Fuel Hose
– Stainless Steel Hardware and Clamps
Pump Configuration Selection
This kit is available with or without fuel pumps included. If purchasing a Fuel Pump Hanger with pumps included, the kit will come preassembled and 65 micron sock filters will be installed on all fuel pumps. Below are all of the fuel pump options available for the Fuel Pump Hanger:
- 20-0241-00 – Pumps Not Included, pre-wired for Walbro GSS342 or AEM 50-1000
- 20-0244-00 – Pumps Not Included, pre-wired for AEM 50-1200 E85
- 20-0241-11 – Single Walbro GSS342 Pump Included
- 20-0241-21 – Single AEM 50-1000 Gas Pump Included and Installed
- 20-0244-01 – Single AEM 50-1200 E85 Pump Included and Installed
- 20-0241-12 – Dual Walbro GSS342 Pumps Included and Installed
- 20-0241-22 – Dual AEM 50-1000 Gas Pumps Included and Installed
- 20-0244-02 – Dual AEM 50-1200 E85 Pumps Included and Installed
This kit eliminates the OEM hanger’s “post” fuel pump filter. A low micron aftermarket fuel filter should be installed downstream to protect the injectors from debris.
20-0249 Radium Engineering Fuel Hanger Return Kit, Mitsubishi EVO X (not included with Fuel Pump Hanger Kit but HIGHLY recommended)
The return kit provides all of the necessary hose, fittings, and hardware to convert the OEM Evo X fuel feed line to be used as the return line. This is a method to replace the restrictive 1/4″(6.5mm) OEM return hose. In the engine bay, the -6AN PTFE return hose will attach directly to a Radium DMR if mounted in the top port of a Radium fuel rail. The two SAE quick connect fittings allow each end of the OEM feed line to be connected in an easy, leak-free manner to the rest of the kit.
-6AN PTFE Hose Replacement
-SAE Quick Disconnect Male Fittings (x2)
-Stainless Steel Cushion Clamp