The V2 AEM VDM (vehicle dynamics module) # 30-2206 is an AEMnet CANbus enabled device with an on-board 3-axis accelerometer, 3-axis gyrometer and 5Hz GPS + GLONASS that provides position accuracy. The VDM’s GPS + GLONASS deliver vehicle speed, position, heading and altitude, enabling you to create track maps using AEMdata’s track mapping software, while the accelerometer and gyrometer provide critical data for chassis tuning. Because AEM publishes its AEMnet CAN protocol, the VDM may also work with 3rd party programmable engine management systems and data loggers who accept AEMnet. We highly recommend pairing your VDM with an AEM CD5 dash or CD7 dash. Both these digital dashes are designed to work hand in hand with the AEM VDM.
Installation is simple and virtually no set up is required. It is powered by the AEMnet connection, so you simply mount the weather resistant-module in the correct orientation at the correct angle and connect it to the AEMnet adapter of your Infinity ECU, AQ-1 Data Logger or X-Series GPS-based speedometer. Data from the VDM does not require configuration; It is recognized by the Infinity (software v96.2 or newer) or AQ-1 (software v1.7 or newer) and the channels are added to the data logs. The GPS/GLONASS antenna is IP67 rated (completely dustproof, waterproof to 1m) for mounting on the outside of the vehicle.
- GPS latitude & longitude delivers AEMdata track map functionality via AEMnet CANbus
- Easily add GPS, lateral G, altitude, pitch and roll data to engine data logs!
- Simply install it in the correct position, connect to AEMnet and the data streams through AEMnet CANbus!
- Continuous time data can be used for Infinity USB log file naming
- Accelerometers supply all 3-axis acceleration data for chassis tuning
- Ideal for road racers who want to use the gyrometer data for suspension adjustments
- Perfect for drag racers who want G-loads and wheel stand data
- GPS vehicle speed, heading and altitude logged for data analysis, lap comparisons
- Status LED indicates power & GPS signal
- Weather resistant enclosure with IP67 rated GPS/GLONASS antenna