The AEM Electronics CD5 Digital Dash Display (just like the CD7 but with a mini 5″ form factor). AEM did not compromise developing their digital dashes and took their time to develop a dash that would be just as capable as some of the other top digital dash offerings available today at a fraction of the price. The full color LCD displays and software allow many custom gauge configurations.
The LCD display is clear and easy to read even in direct sunlight. This means that no matter where you race, you’ll know your digital dash won’t get damaged and you will always be able to clearly view the display without fighting glare.
The CD-5 series dash kits have custom user configurable pages and the layouts on every page are 100% customizable to your needs. To make customization simple AEM has developed an easy to use Dash Design software to make adding graphic or custom text very straightforward.
Another key feature are the fully configurable warnings, to ensure you catch any problem/failure before catastrophic damage to engine components occurs. Besides the LCD the CD-5 uses programmable LED shift and warning lights with adjustable brightness for day and night time driving.
The dash kits also have 2x user definable CANbus inputs so you can feed data to the dash from any third party logger system as well as your engine management system. To expand even further by adding the AEM Vehicle Dynamics Module to the digital dash you get the ability to add GPS Speed, accelerometer, gyrometer, and track mapping for live lap and sector time updates.
– 5” display has an ultra-high resolution screen for visibility in all conditions.
– Available in non-logging or built-in data logger
– Included templates make setup easy – just assign channels to the gauges on the screen using AEM’s free setup software or design your own template
– Combine with AEM’s Vehicle Dynamics Module to add live lap and sector time updates
– Accepts channels through AEMnet
– Users can program 4 switchable screens and cycle through them using buttons on the dash
– Display defaults to warning screen when user programmable alarm conditions are activated
– 7 bright LED shift lights
– 2 bright LED warning lights
Four versions are available:
- CD-5 Carbon with Non-Logging/Non GPS Display
- CD-5L Carbon with Logging Display
- CD-5G Carbon with Non-Logging Display and Internal GPS
- CD-5LG Carbon with Logging Display and Internal GPS
The CD5-L features a built in data logger. With the CD5-L you get the added ability to data log all channels being sent to the dash at a rate of 100hz with a 200mb internal storage. That means you’ll be able to data log over 100 channels without any degradation to the data.