Using the AEM 150psi Stainless steel fuel or oil pressure sensor to monitor and data log your engine is a key part of any serious engine build. These fluid pressure sensors can be found all over Brewed builds as well as our customers track cars. We regularly use at least 2 of these sensor per engine (sometimes more).
The 2 main uses for these 0 to 150psi sensor would have to be oil and fuel pressure. Combine these sensors with one of our plug and play ECU packages for Motec or AEM Infinity ecu’s and we can calibrate the ECU to use these sensor values as engine protection features. This means if oil pressure drops we can cut spark/fuel and save the engine from damage. When used for fuel pressure we set up the ECU to drop boost as soon as there is a drop in fuel/injector differential pressure. We also setup the ECU to calculate fueling based off the fuel pressure sensor which keeps the engine running on the target AFR and drops boost to relieve stress on a fuel system that is starting to loose pressure during a full power pull. Interested to learn more about how a fuel pressure sensor is used along side the AEM Infinity ECU in our E30 BMW? Check out our blog for a full AEM fuel pressure sensor install and ECU calibration explanation.
AEM 150psi Oil & Fuel Pressure sensor features:
- Accuracy: +/- 0.5% Full Scale over -40C to 105C includes Repeatability, Hysteresis and Linearity
- Operating Temp: -40C to 105C / -40F to 221F
- Burst Pressure: 1500PSI
- Response Time: < 1ms
- Vibration:100 to 2000Hz, 20g Sinusoidal, 3 Axes
- Sensor Body: Stainless Steel
- Wetted Materials: 304L & 316L Stainless Steel
- Thread: 1/8″ NPT Male Thread
- Weight: < 85 Grams
- Supply Current:
- Output: .5 to 4.5Vdc Linear
- Elec. Termination: Integral weatherproof connector, includes mating connector, pins & pin lock
- Includes: 150 PSIg Stainless Sensor, Connector, Pins, Pin Lock, 1/8″ NPT to -4 Adapter